Our IT (professional) degree gives you a solid foundation in the latest web and mobile app development, and network and systems design. You'll also have the exciting opportunity to experience 12 months of paid internship in the IT industry as part of your degree.
VU's computer-science courses are among the best in Australia according to the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Subject Rankings 2018. Our state-of-the-art classrooms and facilities offer virtual and hands-on teaching.
You will build your computer-science knowledge through solving real-world problems in:
- network and database design and administration
- routing and switching
- computer and internet security
- wireless technologies
- web programming
- software engineering
- mobile application development
- virtualization in computing.
You'll also gain the experience needed to lead teams and manage projects.
In order to be admitted in to the Bachelor of IT (Professional), you must successfully secure a placement with one of our industry partners.
Australia's information and communications technology (ICT) industry is a dynamic and rapidly growing market.
VU's Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) gives you the real-world work experience to prepare for roles in:
- network design and implementation
- system security consultancy
- data modelling and database development
- web and mobile application programming
- network and database system administration
- information and communication technology (ICT) management.
- software analyst
- web designer
- web application developer
- mobile application developer
- computer and network support
- data centre administrator
- systems administrator
- system security consultant
- database administrator
- business analyst
- data analyst
- project manager (e.g. in government, banking/finance, retail, manufacturing).